There are many reasons to travel, whether it’s the annual family summer holiday, or a romantic getaway with just your spouse, the destination must match the occasion. It’s true that many of the most popular vacation destinations in the world cater to all kinds of travelers, but there are a few that offer the best experience possible for those in search of Romance. Whether it’s your Honeymoon, or just an escape from every day life, choosing the most romantic destination can make the difference in your holiday experience. The best backdrop for lovers on vacation will of course depend on several factors, however, there are several that are by far the most coveted. Here are just the top five cities that have been considered the most romantic travel destinations in the world.
1) Venice, Italy: this is likely not a surprise for many, but this city is well known for it’s romantic setting for a reason. It doesn’t get more iconic than taking a ride down the canals, sitting at a quaint cafe, and admiring the picturesque skyline. This city offers a broad range of experiences for all kinds of couples. Whether you’re the active, sightseeing type, or the relaxed and leisurely kind. All couples will fall in love all over again in Venice.
2) Prague, Czech Republic: now this one, on the other hand, may be a surprise. This historical capital has much to offer, which explains it’s growing popularity as a coveted European destination. Much like many other favorite cities in Europe, Prague offers the iconic look and feel you’d come to expect from Europe. Everything from stunning cathedrals, to a romantic river cruises, to delicious cuisine can be found here. In fact, one of the most beautiful cafes in the world is in Prague, the Imperial Cafe; this cafe is so famous, it has appeared in a vast number of movies.
3) Paris, France: this city is often related with romance and love, and once you go and experience it in person, you’ll know why. The size and splendor of Paris is unrivaled, with many picturesque sites, along with quiet streets and parks to lose yourself in. You can have it all here, from romantic, candle lit dinners, to picnics in the park. You can find excitement, and privacy, in this city designed for lovers.
4) Lisbon, Portugal: many find busy capitals anything but romantic, but Lisbon is another European exception. With iconic trams, cobblestone streets, ocean views, shopping and more, you can have a little bit of everything in this Portuguese capital. Breath taking views can be found on hill tops through out the city, and the abundance of delicious, local wines are sure to set the mood.
5) Florence, Italy: don’t be surprised that two Italian cities made the list, as many could easily fill all five positions with this romantic country’s cities. Whether it’s the sprawling countryside, or the city’s center, Italy provides couples with the atmosphere and environment they’re craving for romance. Florence has the restaurants, sights, history, and charm that you’ve always been looking for on your romantic getaway.
This post was written by Sara Woods from Mega.co.uk. Take a look at their Low cost holidays before you book any romantic breaks.
- The Best Romantic Movies Ever (mailamovie.info)
- How to Make sure you Have Great Skin for a Big Date (singleonlinedating.org)