The current figure of people suffering from anxiety is very alarming these days. There are approximately 10 million people in United States alone who have anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and separation anxiety disorder.
The most common anxiety disorder is the panic disorder. Panic disorder is the sudden feeling of extreme fear and nervousness for no apparent reason. Panic disorder is manifested by racing heartbeats, chest pains, excessive sweating, trembling, numbness or tingling in hands, arms, fingers and legs, breathing difficulties, dizziness, feeling of loss of control and inability to concentrate. Panic disorder may last for several minutes and reach its peak within 10 minutes however some of its symptoms may last for a longer time. Many people who experience their first panic attacks may believe that they are suffering from heart attack because of these symptoms.
This is the reason why it is suggested to consult your physician or doctor when you experience the mentioned symptoms to avoid complications of chronic anxiety. Anxiety symptoms may start during childhood years and early adulthood and when taken for granted and no prevention is done can make it worse overtime.
Many anxiety patients may turn to medications immediately to treat their anxiety. However, this is not the recommended and safest way to treat anxiety for anti-anxiety drugs such as Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan) have side effects and the feeling of relief the patients can feel are just temporary. It is always best to take the natural remedies for any diseases first and then take prescription drugs as your last resort when the natural way seems to not work on you.
The following are some of the natural remedies and habits you can try to help you get rid your anxiety:
- Voice out your problems or the things that make you worry. Talk to your family, to your friends, to someone you trust. Hiding your worries and fears just heighten what you feel and can also interrupt your sleeping patterns which can make you feel stress and then trigger anxiety attacks.
- Get physical. Regular body and mind exercise can help in reducing stress levels. You can have long walks with your pet, play sports like badminton, some breathing exercises and you can learn meditation and yoga as well to help your mind relax and rest.
- Drinking plain water at least 8 glasses per day or fruit juice for an alternative can also help. Eating nutritious food such as green leafy vegetables and fruits can give you nutrients that your brain and body need. However, nutrients from food you eat every day may not be enough. You can take vitamin supplements containing vitamins C and B-complex, magnesium and calcium which are good for your nervous system. Also, avoid eating foods that are high in fat, sugar or oil.
- Aromatherapy can also help relieving and reducing anxiety. Lavender is the most common and effective essential oil that can provide you relaxation.
These may work on some people and may not on others. These are just few of the many ways you can follow or use to treat your anxiety. Do not lose hope, just ask for help, don’t keep it.
- Activities To Reduce Baby Teeth Grinding (goarticles.com)
How to Deal with Anxiety Naturally