There’s more to online dating than luck. You could get more and better matches from online dating sites with a little preparation and planning. MrRight.com.au shares online dating tips for women before and after you create a dating profile.
Before you create your profile:
- First, ask yourself what you want from an online dating site. Are you looking for no-strings fun, casual dating or a committed relationship? The answer to this question will determine how you word your profile and project yourself online.
- Second, ask yourself what you look for in a man. Some women look for financial independence and stability first, while others put more emphasis on characters and other personal attributes. Try to come up with a list of attributes you look for in a partner, and prioritize them with the most important ones first.
- Create an online dating profile that clearly expresses what you want from a relationship and what you look for in a man. Avoid using filler sentences such as “I’ll tell you later” or clichés such as “I love to curl up on the coach with a bottle of wine”. The clearer you are about your goals and the person you’re looking for, the better the results you’re likely to get.
Once you’re profile is live:
- Keep a fresh approach and open mind to the people you meet online. Try to clear your head from the memories of former boyfriends and do away with negativity from past relationships gone wrong. You wouldn’t want memories from the past to follow you into a new relationship.
- Dating sites make it easier and faster to connect with more people. However, it can still take time to find the perfect match. Don’t give up after a week or even a few minutes browsing. Finding Mr Right takes time and patience, even online. It’s a good idea to visit your favourite dating sites on a regular basis to see who’s new in your neighbourhood.
- Put things in perspective. Online dating is one of many ways you can meet the right guy. Fit online dating into your schedule – don’t fit your schedule around online dating. Keep an active social life, spending time with friends and family.
- Stay safe online. We’ve all heard about online dating scams or online dates gone wrong. Make sure you talk to your date before meeting in person, on the phone or face-to-face. Platforms such as Skype, Google Voice or Apple FaceTime are fantastic ways to chat in person from the comfort of your home.
- Lastly but not least, make sure you have a great time when dating online! It’s a fantastic way to meet new people and connect with your Mr Right, for a night or a life-time.
This article was written by Matt Hunt from MrRight.com.au, the only Australian dating site where women choose who can contact them and men compete for their attention.
- Online Dating Tips You Should Know (singleonlinedating.org)
- Online Dating Tips and Meeting in Person (singleonlinedating.org)