When you are in college, you are probably faced with the decision to date someone. Dating is something that can be pretty hard. Once you’ve met someone that you like though, it can be very easy to get caught up in the moment and want to be with someone for the long haul. He might be perfect in every way, he knows what to say, what to wear, and you want him all to yourself. But, you need to be wary of a guy like that, how do you know that he isn’t just a player, looking to “get some”? Sure, it might a damper on your romantic thoughts, but you don’t want to be crushed by a guy because he is a player. Here are some signs that the guy you might be crushing on is a player.
1. He has a lot of girl friends. It’s fine for a guy to have girls that are friends. Don’t you have guy friends? But, when he’s got so many girl friends that they seem to completely overshadow your relationship with him, you need to take a step back and evaluate.
2. He’s different with his friends. Sure, everyone acts differently when they are with their friends, but if your guy is completely opposite, you need to understand why.
3. He’s very cocky. It’s fine for a guy to be comfortable with who he is, but many players are extremely confident, it’s sign he’s a player.
4. He doesn’t ask you about your life. Many players don’t seem to care about anyone other than themselves. If your guy isn’t asking about you, but is more interested in making out―you’ve got a problem.
5. He texts you at all hours of the night. Sure, it might be cute to get a morning text from him, but if you are getting texts at 3 or 4 in the morning, chances are he’s out doing something. Ask him why he needs to text you at those crazy hours in the night.
If the guy that you like has these qualities, drop him like he’s hot! It’s better to get out of a relationship now rather than “waiting it out”. It’s only going to break your heart when he decides that he’s on to something new. Arm yourself with this knowledge and find a guy that isn’t a player and is a great guy.
About the Author
Neltje Anny is a writer for MyCollegesandCareers.com. My Colleges and Careers is a great site for you if you are interested in getting enrolled in one of the many online MBA programs.
- MLB Games Tryouts (fryingpansports.com)
- Components of the Best Super Bowl Party (sportingstores.net)
College Girls: Don't Fall for a Player!