Choosing the Perfect Restaurant for a Date
Asking someone out on a date can be a nerve-wracking process. You stutter around, trying to gain to the courage, and attempting to think up just the right words to ask her. Where to eat is one of the biggest decisions in asking someone out to dinner. What sort of restaurant is the best? In this article, I’m going to reveal some tips to finding the best restaurant to take your new date.
1. Small is actually a lot better than bigger in this case. Don’t go to a restaurant that only seats four couples, but find one that will be slightly intimate without feeling uncomfortable. It will be much easier for a girl to carry on a conversation if she isn’t crowded in among forty strangers.
2. Don’t choose a restaurant with bright, blaring lights. When you’re going out for a romantic dinner, you don’t want to eat under 100-watt-bulbs. Neither do you want to eat in a room so dark that you can’t find your fork. Go for a restaurant that has soft, gentle lighting that is neither uncomfortably dark nor overwhelmingly bright.
3. If you’re going for a restaurant that has live music, choose one that has soft classical, jazz, or folk music. Even if your date likes to listen to rap and heavy metal in her car, those don’t make good background music for a romantic dinner.
4. Don’t go for a restaurant that is above your budget. You don’t want to spend your dinner cringing at the mere thought of the bill! There are many nice restaurants that serve wonderful food for reasonable prices.
5. Do not choose a fast food restaurant. Nothing says tacky cheapskate quite like inviting your date to eat at McDonalds or Wendy’s. While these maybe fine places to stop by on future dates to the movies, they are far from good choices for a first date.
6. Don’t choose a restaurant where your friends work or where you might run into acquaintances. Having your buddy sit down to talk about the scores of the ball game is a definite death of your budding relationship.
7. Restaurants that allow dancing are always a nice choice. While your date may not feel comfortable enough with you to dance yet, it still provides a nice opportunity.
With these tips in mind, finding the perfect restaurant should be easy. If you happen to live or be in the Southern Wisconsin area, then find some great Madison restaurants that would be perfect for a date.
Remember to sweep your date off her feet by providing her with a better dinner experience than she has had with any other men. If fate permits, this will be the first of many wonderful dates together.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.